Your Bagan Adventure Begins Here
This is the ultimate day out for active travelers who want to experience many different forms of transport and cover a lot of territory. Traveling by mountain bike, boat, e-bike, and horse cart, this itinerary is best suited for those who don’t tire easily and love to break a sweat on their holidays and get away from the tourists!
05:30: pickup from hotel your hotel
06:00-7:30: guided mountain bike tour outside Bagan monument zone, along irrigation canals and through remote villages rarely in contact with foreigners.
07:30-08:30: breakfast at hotel OR al fresco light breakfast of local pastries, fruit, and fresh coffee/tea at our “home” pagoda
08:30-10:00: continue mtb tour of sites within monument zone.
10:00-11:o0: freshen up at hotel
11:00-12:00: journey by boat to remote village location on the Irrawaddy.
12:00:13:30: lunch of grilled fish and vegetables in riverside mango grove.
13:30:17:00: visit remote sites and areas on foot, including many not listed on any map or guidebook. Amazing murals and panoramic views, visit to magical cave and cliff monastery. Fantastic photo opportunities.
17:00-18:30: return to Old Bagan by private sunset cruise, including cold drinks and fresh fruit. Alcoholic beverages and western apero available on board by request.
18:30-19:00: return journey to your hotel by horse cart, ebike, or taxi
What to bring
- camera or smartphone
- closed-toe shoes
- Breakfast, bottled water, cold drinks, fruit
- Mountain bike rental (Trek/Cannondale)
- Horse cart and driver (if desired)
- Private boat and staff (if desired)
- Bagan Archeological Zone entry fees
- Riverside barbeque lunch
- Wine, branded spirits on boat or at riverside (by advance request, extra charges apply)
- European apéro (fresh bread, cheese, olives)
- Guest photo shoots for print and social media
- Photographer’s permits and assistants
- Nikon DSLR camera rental
- GoPro Hero action camera rental
- Manfrotto carbon tripod (included in photography workshops, classes, and private photo tours)