The Color of Love
Spend the day lost and hot on a rental bike? Fall in love all over again with this unique experience for couples. Whether by comfortable sedan, boat, e-bike or horse-cart, each trip is different on your Bagan romantic tour. We can arrange all the extras to provide a lovely romantic day out in Bagan, including fresh flowers, imported wine, spectacular sunset views. Balloon reservations possible by request.
05:15: pickup from hotel by hot air balloon operator
06:00-9:00: sunrise balloon ride over Bagan’s “plain of merit”
09:00-10:00: breakfast at hotel OR al fresco light breakfast of local pastries, fruit, and fresh coffee/tea at our “home” pagoda
10:00-10:30: journey to boat jetty in Old Bagan by horse cart or ebike
10:30-12:00: journey by boat to remote village location on the Irrawaddy.
12:00:13:30: lunch of grilled fish and vegetables in riverside mango grove.
13:30:17:00: visit remote sites and areas on foot, including many not listed on any map or guidebook. Amazing murals and panoramic views, visit to magical cave and cliff monastery. Fantastic photo opportunities.
17:00-18:30: return to Old Bagan by private sunset cruise, including cold drinks and fresh fruit. Alcoholic beverages and western apero available on board by request.
18:30-19:00: return journey to your hotel by horse cart, ebike, or taxi
What to bring
- camera or smartphone
- appropriate shoes ( slip-off shoes for temple entry; closed-toe shoes against thorns for some landscapes)
- Breakfast, lunch, bottled water, cold drinks, fruit
- Horse cart and driver (if desired)
- Private boat and staff
- Bagan Archeological Zone entry fees
- Sunrise hot-air balloon ride reservations (advance reservation required)
- Riverside barbeque lunch
- Wine, branded spirits on boat or at riverside (by advance request, extra charges apply)
- European apéro (fresh bread, cheese, olives)
- Guest photo shoots for print and social media
- Photographer’s permits and assistants
- Nikon DSLR camera rental
- GoPro Hero action camera rental
- Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod at sunrise/sunset (if desired)