Mandalay was founded in 1857 by King Mindon, replacing Amarapura as the new royal capital of the Konbaung dynasty. It was Burma’s final royal capital before the kingdom’s annexation by the British Empire in 1885. The city suffered extensive destruction during the Japanese conquest of Burma in the Second World War. After Yangon, Mandalay is Myanmar’s second-largest city and is today the economic
Capture Your Best Side at all the Hottest Spots in Mandala
Our Mandalay Instagram Photo Tour take you to the most engaging and Instagram-worthy photo spots around Myanmar’s last royal capital, Mandalay. Snap photos and experience the stellar beauty of Myanmar’s cultural and spiritual heart along the Irrawaddy River. Immerse yourself in the spellbinding scenery and Burmese culture while exploring the city and its heritage.
Mandalay is more than just monasteries and a hill! We’ll explore the vibrant modern life of the area, from colorful markets at sunrise to the royal palace and U Bein Bridge. We’ll visit active riverside communities on the Irrawaddy and lively local tea shops, diving into the local scene for the best photo opportunities. Our scenes and backgrounds include spectacular temples and monasteries, stunning panoramic vistas, and colorful urban street life.
We’ll visit the majestic Mandalay temples, as well as some of the lesser-traveled surrounding ruins. To avoid the crowds, we’ll time our visits so the light is best and the crowds are at their lowest.
Mandalay Instagram Photo Tour Highlights:
- Sunrise and sunset among Mandalay’s most notable sites
- Visit the most iconic and picturesque sites around the Mandalay area and snap many Instagram-worthy pictures
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of Burmese tradition and learn about Burmese food and culture from your guide
- Travel at your own pace to get the shots you want
- Visit local workshops for close-up and portrait photography of local artisans
- Learn and apply basic lighting and composition techniques to improve your photos
Your guide will not only snap cool shots for you but will also explain the history of the incredible ancient temples as well as the Burmese people and their rich and historical Buddhist culture. We provide photo props such as traditional Burmese umbrellas, candles, and incense to add color and drama to your photos.
- Air-conditioned private taxi and driver
- Experienced English-speaking licensed tour guide with photography training
- ottled water, cold drinks, fruit
- Photo props such as traditional Burmese umbrellas, candles, and incense to add color and drama to your photos
- Mandalay Tourist Zone entry fees