Hands-On Photography Workshops in Bagan, Mandalay, and Yangon
Our travel photography tours and workshops are designed for anyone. All you need is an interest in photography and a love for adventure!
Our half- or full-day hands-on photography workshops in Bagan, Mandalay, and Yangon can be customized to meet your goals. We include an introduction to the basic technical features of the camera and how to use it to confidently. Get better travel photos immediately!
Capture Bagan’s magical monuments, people, and landscapes
- maximize your limited time available in Bagan for capturing the epic sunrise, balloons, shrines, architecture, and amazing local people
- receive tips, instruction, and support on how to use your camera to capture your desired subject and express yourself creatively
- get closer to real people and communities your tour fees support to capture the everyday beauty, culture, and colors of Myanmar
- photograph ancient monuments and village life in amazing light conditions
- set in intimate location for capturing exceptional moments otherwise inaccessible
Improve Your Travel Photography
A “workshop”-style photography tour of Bagan that includes hands-on learning opportunities to improve your travel photography.
Skills you will learn
- Use your camera comfortably and confidently
- Shoot in bright light, low light, and shade
- Freeze or blur motion
- Avoid blurry images
- Make subjects stand out
- Take better portraits
- Learn and practice fundamentals of composition
What you’ll do
- Review the basics of exposure and camera settings
- Review the basics of framing and composition
- Enjoy guided street photography walk around downtown Nyaung-U, rural farming villages, the Irrawaddy riverside and/or the temples and monasteries of the Bagan monument zone
- Discover essential social techniques to become an effective photographer
- Build confidence and conquer fear of shooting strangers
- Develop your observational and storytelling skills
- Learn to develop your creative personal style and perspective
Street, Portrait, and Landscape Photography
The streets and people of old colonial Nyaung-U, the economic center of Bagan, is a playground for street photographers. The diverse ethnicities, architecture, colors, and spontaneous energy provide a brilliant range of subjects for developing your technical and composition skills. Our Myanmar travel photography workshop in Bagan will give you skills and confidence to capture your journey in memorable photographs.
The monasteries, temple complexes, farms, and rural villages offer a serene contrast to the village tea shops. The “golden hour” light in Bagan is truly magical. Together we will visit the best, least-crowded spots for capturing these amazing moments with your camera.
Learn & Practice in a Spectacular Location
Learn the basic operations and theory, then practice what you learn among Bagan’s ancient pagodas. For example, learn how to shoot your camera beyond auto mode and capture the magic of a Bagan sunset. Take your time and go at your own pace throughout the day. Try out new ideas or even night photography!
We apply our local knowledge of sites and contacts in the community to position ourselves to practice and capture village life. The choice is yours: landscapes, portraits, ancient temples, sunrise or sunset. This Bagan photography workshop includes fresh coffee/tea, fruit, and local snacks.