Yangon, formerly known as Rangoon, is Myanmar’s largest city and its most important commercial
The streets and people of bustling downtown Yangon are a playground for street photographers. The diverse ethnicities, architecture, colors, and spontaneous energy of the city provide a brilliant range of subjects for developing your technical and composition skills.
Due to its accessibility, street photography has become an increasingly popular way to create art from the everyday. Whether you use a film camera, DSLR, or even your smartphone, capturing the “decisive moment” is as challenging as it is addictive.
Yangon Street Photography Tour Highlights
- Learn the basics of exposure and camera settings for street photography
- Learn framing and composition for street shooting
- Discover essential field techniques to become an effective street photographer in Myanmar
- Build confidence photographing strangers
- Develop your observational and storytelling skills
- evelop your creative personal style and perspective
This tour is available in 1/2 day format, either from 8am-noon or 3-7pm. Following your hotel pickup, we venture out into downtown Yangon. Yangon street photography tour shooting locations include Sule Pagoda and surrounding colonial buildings, Bogyoke Market, Chinatown, and the vibrant intercultural downtown trade areas of market stalls and tradesmen. We’ll visit a local teashop for street portraits as a break halfway through the tour.
Half-Day Photo Tour Pricing
$179USD per photographer, $99USD for non-photographer travel partners.
Price includes: private aircon transport, photographer-guide, drinking water
Price excludes: monument entry fees, food, souvenirs