Bagan Photography Tours & Workshops
Three Treasures is the leading Bagan photography tour operator.
Explore the most photogenic Bagan temples in the best light! Photograph the most impressive Bagan temples, from the majestic Ananda to the golden spires of Shwezigon on our Bagan photo tours.
Let our team of professional guides and photographers show you the secrets of unforgettable Bagan. We all live here, and we know the optimal times of the day to see the temples in the best light with the fewest crowds—and we’re sharing our secrets with you!
Our tours are created for photographers of all levels and our experienced trip leaders guiding personalized private photography tours in Bagan since 2015. We will apply our local knowledge of sites and contacts in the community to position ourselves to practice and capture village life, landscapes, portraits, ancient temples, sunrise or sunset in Bagan as you’ve only imagined.
Capture Unseen Myanmar
Explore the most photogenic temples in Bagan and insider spots known only to locals. Improve your portrait photography on a village walk. Or, be captivated by the surreal light of sunset on the Irrawaddy.
No Experience Necessary
You don’t have to be an experienced photographer to join our tours, our adventures are created for photographers of all levels and our experienced trip leaders are pro photographers who are ready to help take your photo game to the next level.
We ensure that all of our guests enjoy personalized guidance, be that learning how to shoot in manual for the first time, experimenting with new photographic styles and techniques, or further refining your photographic vision. All of our Bagan photography tours are tailored to your needs and ability level.
Tips for Your Bagan Photography Tour
- Refresh yourself on the basic operation of your camera. Being able to quickly take over your camera’s manual controls will enable you to capture more of Bagan’s amazing light and surroundings. Our guides can assist you with ISO, Aperture, and Shutter priority settings.
- Remember to charge your camera batteries and bring an extra memory card. Pack your gear the night before your Bagan photo tour as we depart early to photograph the temples at sunrise.
- Smile and make verbal contact when taking photographs of people in Myanmar. Friendliness is your most powerful tool in travel photography. Our guides will introduce you to many local personalities and craftsmen on our walking photography tours in Bagan.
- Take an interest and look closer at your surroundings. Don’t be shy! Most Myanmar people enjoy having their photos taken and participating in social media. Show a sincere interest in the daily lives of local people and they will often invite you to their homes for amazing portraits. When photographing temples in Bagan, move around and seek out new perspectives to express yourself creatively.
- Slow down. We often include a brief walking meditation on our photo tours in Bagan. This encourages us to slow down and take notice the details of our surroundings, preparing us to capture the splendor of Bagan with our camera’s “eye”.