Beyond Bagan’s Temples
Take an adventure into the heart of modern Myanmar on our Bagan village photo tour
Capture the authentic daily life of the people of Bagan on this private guided photography tour. You’ll begin by shooting the sunrise over the ancient monuments of Old Bagan, away from the buses and crowds. After breakfast, we’ll visit local village communities on foot with a walking tour. Photograph traditional crafting from local artisans on a village walking tour in the morning, and shoot amazing temple ruins in the late afternoon pre-golden hour light. This is a great place to capture some compelling portraits and street scenes. Our trip leader will help you guide your subjects to create the perfect photo.
Visit temples and villages off the tourist track and discover authentic Bagan through its people
We will explore several different communities and sites throughout the day, both inside and beyond the Bagan archaeological zone. Once in the villages, we will spend most of our time on foot, visiting our neighbors in their workshops and on their farms. An intimate look into the amazing lives of local people, their culture, and communities that make Myanmar such a unique place to visit.
Experience Bagan's Villages
- pre-sunrise pickup and orientation to position ourselves to make the most of available light during the sunrise/sunset “golden hour”
- get closer to real people and communities your tour fees support to capture the everyday beauty, culture, and colors of Myanmar
- late afternoon village life under warm pre-sunset light
- sunset in intimate location for capturing exceptional moments otherwise inaccessible
- journey by private taxi and boat