A Walking Tour Beyond Bagan’s Temples
An intimate look into the amazing lives of local people, their culture, and communities that make Myanmar such a unique place to visit.
On this Bagan villages tour, we’ll spend most of our day on foot, experiencing the sights and sounds of rural village life. Learn traditional organic farming practices and take a ride on an ox-cart through sandy village paths rarely visited by outsiders. Learn from Burmese artisans crafting their bamboo wares, working with local fabrics, and bringing temple murals to life through sand paintings.
We will explore several different communities and sites throughout the day on your Bagan walking tour. Once in the villages, we will spend most of our time on foot, visiting our neighbors in their workshops and on their farms.
Experience Bagan's Local Villages and People
- pre-sunrise pickup and Bagan balloon viewing from less-crowded locations during sunrise and sunset
- get closer to real people and communities your tour fees support to experience the everyday beauty, culture, and colors of Myanmar
- learn about Burmese traditional crafts such as sand painting, bamboo, lacquerware, and tropical agriculture
- late afternoon village life under warm pre-sunset light
- sunset in intimate location for exceptional moments otherwise inaccessible
- journey by private taxi and boat